ERROR DL Python Network Learner 2:8 Execute failed: Connection reset

Hello,

I try to train a keras model with the module DL Python Network Learner.

The module runs until 30%, calculates a whole while (Some minutes) and then it crashes with the message:
ERROR DL Python Network Learner 2:8 Execute failed: Connection reset
What could possibly go wrong at that stage?

The model and data generating part works within plain python (I just tried to make it work within KNIME to learn).
I am using:

• python 3.6 (anaconda)
  • windows 10
  • keras tensorflow backend
  • knime 3.5.3

Hi mereep,

Could you please provide your knime.log file and/or a workflow that reproduces the problem? That would help tracking down the cause. Thanks!

Marcel

Sorry, I dont have the workflow anymore as-is, as soon as I can reproduce it, I will send you.
For now I think it’s due to a interpreter-crash (Thats what I saw in the logs of my system). Maybe some unhandled exception, that for some reason tears the whole stack down.

Since it is quite hard to debug something in the script dialog (Had multiple problems including arrow keys and return keys stopped working / misinterpret of TAB vs Space layouted Python file / Interpreter not recovering after crash / Missing run until here support) it is very hard to pin the problem down.

Maybe think of integrating into some IDE like PyCharm, for having debugging options (Could open some temporary draft etc)?

Where can I find that knime.log file? Doesn’t seem to be in the applications folder?

Thanks for your response and help so far,
If I can give you some further information / details, I am glad to help

Hi mereep,

Sorry, I dont have the workflow anymore as-is, as soon as I can reproduce it, I will send you.

Thanks!

Since it is quite hard to debug something in the script dialog (Had multiple problems including arrow keys and return keys stopped working / misinterpret of TAB vs Space layouted Python file / Interpreter not recovering after crash / Missing run until here support) it is very hard to pin the problem down.
Maybe think of integrating into some IDE like PyCharm, for having debugging options (Could open some temporary draft etc)?

I’m sorry to hear that you experience so many problems with the script dialog. Most of the things you mentioned are already known to us and currently under investigation. But I think it rarely occurred that a single user had all those problems :confused:.
Integrating a stronger debugging support would certainly make sense and I will gladly put that on our list of feature requests. I can’t make any promises, though.

Where can I find that knime.log file? Doesn’t seem to be in the applications folder?

It should be located here: <your-knime-workspace>/.metadata/knime/knime.log.

Marcel

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.