ERROR ExternalizerManager

Hi, I'm using KNIME to run a pre made workflow for image analysis (cell segmentation). I have followed the given instructions but keep getting the following error:

Execute failed: Could not initialize class org.knime.knip.core.io.externalization.ExternalizerManager

Can anyone guide me to where the problem lies here?

Thanks

P.D

Hi P.D.,

This seems to be a rather untypical problem. In order to help you, it would be great if you could provide the KNIME Analytics Platform and KNIME Image Processing version you are working with. Also your OS would be of interest. Additionally, is there any chance you can share a short description how to reprroduce the problem?

Thanks and sorry for the trouble,

Christian

Hi Christian, 

Thank you for your reply. Here is the information that you had asked for:

- I am using KNIME 3.4.1  

- The KNIME Image Processing that I've installed is this version-->

1.5.6.201710240702  /  org.knime.knip.feature.feature.group  /  University of Konstanz / KNIME

- OS X El Capitan , version 10.11.6 

- I am following the instructions described here:

http://dress.bioimagecomputing.com/projects/membrane-stained-epithelial-cell-segmentation#5_Trouble_Shooting

and the error occurs in the Node with this description: 

Don't Save End          0:43:11:95:67

I hope this helps with respect to reproducing the issue. 

Please let me know if I can provide any more details and many thanks in advance for your help.

Parnian

Hi Parnian,

It looks like there is a problem with the Don't save Loop in your installation, can you please try if you get the same error with the attached minimal workflow.

best,

Gabriel

Hi Gabriel, 

Thank you very much for your reply. I tried the minimal example and the first time round, I got the following error:

Execute failed: net/imglib2/img/cell/AbstractCellImg$CellContainerSampler

Then I reset all the nodes and tried again and got the same error as before:

ERROR Don't Save End       2:67       Execute failed: Could not initialize class org.knime.knip.core.io.externalization.ExternalizerManager

Any ideas of how I can resolve this issue?

Best, 

Parnian

Hi Parnian,

it seems that you are using some Nightly Build version of KNIME Image Processing.  Is this correct? if so, could you try to update your KNIME installation (File -> Update KNIME) and especially the image processing extension? The nightly build sometimes has some funky behaviour as it comprises our latest development branch, which is unfortunately not always stable. 

Best,

Christian

Hi Christian, 

Yes, that is correct. I have downloaded KNIME image processing -Supervised Image Segmentation from Nightly builds because that was the only source where I could find it. I will try your recommended updates and see what happens. 

Thank you

Parnian  

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.