Error: "Loading model settings failed" on Start

I keep getting these errors on start. This might be happened after installing DL4J learner extension. How can i fix these errors?

Hi @erawolf,

I’m sorry that you are having troubles with this Extension. Are you opening a workflow containing these nodes? If so, could you attach the workflow? Also, could you maybe attach the KNIME log? Which version of KNIME are you using?

Cheers,
David

Thank for responding @DaveK,
this is the workflow that i was working on. when you try to configure and apply or okay the configuration, the error occurs. I do not know how to attach the KNIME log and i am using KNIME 4.0.0
dl4j.knwf (37.6 KB)

Hi @erawolf,

you can find the log file in your workspace folder under /.metadata/knime/knime.log. I tried opening your workflow but unfortunately I could not reproduce the errors. Could you try to delete the DL4J nodes and replace them with new ones from the node repository?

Cheers
David

I’m getting same errors. When I try to click DL4J Feedforward Leaner and configure it, i can’t close to configuration windows without clicking cancel. Therefore, i can’t configure it. Here is the log file. Delete and replacing node did not help. Getting same error. knime.log (574.0 KB)

I created an example workflow. Does this one work for you?

dl4j_test.knwf (21.6 KB)

When i launch it, i get these errors on start:

dl4j_test.knwf 0 loaded with errors
dl4j_test.knwf 0
Convolution Layer 0:2
Loading model settings failed: String for key “kernel_sıze” not found.
Pooling Layer 0:3
Loading model settings failed: String for key “kernel_sıze” not found.
Convolution Layer 0:4
Loading model settings failed: String for key “kernel_sıze” not found.
Pooling Layer 0:5
Loading model settings failed: String for key “kernel_sıze” not found.

But yet, it opens. After executing all nodes successfully and trying to configure the feedforward leaner, i can’t apply or okay the settings. Even without doing nothing. It returns this error:

Invalid settings:
String key for “ımage_sıze” not found.

Hi @erawolf,

I found the problem. It’s a bug in our code that only happening on OS’s with Turkish locale (and probably some other locales too). I happened to discover your other post in another old thread which greatly helped. I did not notice the missing dot in the Turkish ‘i’ character in “kernel_sıze”. In general, please do not post in year old threads. However, thank you very much for the hint. I’ll fix it for the next bugfix release.
As a workaround you can fix it for the time being by telling KNIME to use English locale by adding the line:
-Duser.language=en
to your knime.ini located in your KNIME installation directory.

Furthermore, you could think about switching to our Keras Integration as a replacement for DL4J. Keras generally offers more extensive functionality than our DL4J Integration.

Sorry for the troubles.

Cheers
David

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.