error when opening a workflow

Hello, I have a problem when opening a workflow that I have always opened with a .knwf extension for a few days, it does not allow me to open it because it generates the error:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.knime.core.node.workflow.WorkflowContext$Factory.setMountpointRoot(Ljava/io/File;)V

I have KNIME version 3.2.0
The operating system is Windows Server 2012 R2.
knime.log (1.7 MB)

Hi @cartrurod,

searching the forum there was an identical issue that got solved by updating Knime.

Running an outdated version, for the apparent but also security reasons (see log4J CVE), of Knime is highly discouraged. This will cause you a lot of headache in the long run ass it’s easier to do many incremental and small updates vs. huge major version jumps.

Best
Mike

3 Likes

Hi @cartrurod and welcome to the forum.

I first thought there must have been a typo in your post, but I checked the log and 3.2 is the version you’re using. I will reiterate what Mike said above and highly encourage you to download the latest version. As you might imagine, quite a lot has changed in the past 6+ years! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.