Error when running XGBoost Linear Ensemble Learner (Regression)

Hi all,

Tried running a regression with the XGBoost Linear Ensemble Learner and encountered a strange error.

In the node settings, had selected CoordDescent and Thrifty using the Booster drop-downs:

However, got an error which appears to indicate that there’s a typo somewhere in the code of the node (i.e. error references “trhifty” even though selection was for “Thrifty”):

Hoping someone can shed some light on this, and/or let me know how to get this to run successfully.

Here’s the workflow:
XGB_Linear.knwf (80.1 KB)

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello @whois_rb,

Checked it and ticket created to do more investigation and fix it (Internal reference: AP-15249).

Someone will update ticket when there are news. Tnx for providing workflow :wink:

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Great - thanks @ipazin

1 Like

Hi @ipazin - just wanted to see what’s the latest on this and when to expect a fix. Many thanks.

Hello @whois_rb,

no news for now. If someone doesn’t update this topic in a week ping me please again.

Br,
Ivan

Hi @ipazin, pinging you since it’s been a week and there have been no updates. thanks!

Hello @whois_rb,

sry but still no news. As soon as there are some this topic will get updated.

Br,
Ivan

Thanks @ipazin. Is there anything you can share on rough timing for the fix (e.g.,in the next week, month, quarter etc.)? Just trying to calibrate expectations - hope you can understand. Thanks again.

Hi @whois_rb,

I understand you but I can’t give you any time frame unfortunately.

Br,
Ivan

Thanks for letting me know @ipazin.

Hello @whois_rb,

fix is available in KNIME version 4.2.4. See here:

Also will be part of v4.3.1 once available.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Thanks for the update @ipazin - great to know!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.