Error when trying to open metanode

Hello,

I put several nodes into a metanode and when I try to open it i get the following error.

Editor initialization failed: org.knime.workbench.editor.WorkflowEditor. Site is incorrect.

Can someone please advise?

UPDATE: I saved the workflows and restarted KNIME. When I restarted the workflows had disappeared from my directory. However, I am now able to open metanodes. I feel like this is probably a bug with 4.2.0.

Hi @beahyu,

is everything working as expected as restarting KNIME?

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hi Ivan,

I can now open metanodes without the error message but I lost the saved the workflow I had the trouble with. I had saved it but it wasn’t in my directory when i restarted so I had to take an older workflow and recreate the work again. I am concerned about this happening again so I thought I would alert the forum.

Thanks,
Bea

1 Like

Hi @beahyu,

I see. Personally never experienced this. Let’s see if it happens again to you or any other user.

Tnx or engagement!

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hi,

I have an update. I’m trying to open a workflow in knime 4.2.0 and getting this error message:

It’s the same message I got yesterday before I had to restart my KNIME analytics and lost work. I’m going to restart now but wanted to share this since it happened again today.
Thank you,
Bea

Hello @beahyu,

seems something is mixed up. Now you get same error when trying to open a workflow? So you randomly get this error message or every time you try to open specific Metanode/workflow or there is certain pattern to it? Also is it always same Metanode in same workflow or different metanodes in different workflows? Can you check your log file (located at ...\knime-workspace\.metadata\knime) after you see this error? Maybe there is more information in it…

Br,
Ivan

Hi, There doesn’t seem to be a pattern. After working on a workflow for a while, I will eventually get that error either trying to open a metanode, node configuration or a workflow. I then need to restart knime and am able to open what I was trying to open. Here is the last log from the log file

2020-08-09 10:50:35,070 : ERROR : main : : WindowsDefenderExceptionHandler : : : I/O error occured while executing PowerShell command powershell -inputformat none -outputformat text -NonInteractive -Command Get-MpComputerStatus -ErrorAction Stop | select -ExpandProperty AMServiceEnabled.
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program “powershell”: CreateProcess error=1260, This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
at org.knime.product.rcp.startup.WindowsDefenderExceptionHandler.executePowerShellCommand(WindowsDefenderExceptionHandler.java:293)
at org.knime.product.rcp.startup.WindowsDefenderExceptionHandler.executePowerShellCommand(WindowsDefenderExceptionHandler.java:284)
at org.knime.product.rcp.startup.WindowsDefenderExceptionHandler.isDefenderEnabled(WindowsDefenderExceptionHandler.java:175)
at org.knime.product.rcp.startup.WindowsDefenderExceptionHandler.checkForAndAddExceptionToWindowsDefender(WindowsDefenderExceptionHandler.java:141)
at org.knime.product.rcp.KNIMEApplication.start(KNIMEApplication.java:123)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:401)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:657)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:594)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1447)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=1260, This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.(ProcessImpl.java:444)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:139)
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
… 17 more

Hi @beahyu,

I see. Tnx for explanation and log file. From it seems like Windows Defender is causing this issue. Is this corporate machine you are running KNIME on? If so can you consult with your system admin as indicated?

Br,
Ivan

Hi Ivan,
Yes, it is a corporate machine. It’s strange because the error only happens after I have the platform open for a while- otherwise it works fine. I’ll wait for it to happen again and check with my sys admin.
Thank you,
Bea

1 Like

I experienced the same error when trying to ‘open’ the metanode to edit, it resolved closing and restarting knime

Hello @guillermo_cordoba,

are you also using KNIME version 4.2.x on Windows? If so do you see similar WindowsDefenderException messages in your log file?

Br,
Ivan

I just experienced the same thing when trying to open different workflows. I restarted and was able to open those workflows.

1 Like

Hey there,

I have just had a look at this and there is a fix coming up that should address this issue.

One cause for this error is the following scenario:

1. Open a workflow and edit it

2. Begin closing the AP by exiting the application (e.g. on Windows by pressing the red X in the title bar)

3. When prompted whether to save the modified workflow, click “Cancel”.

4. Expected: the AP should remain open, the workflow is not saved and other workflows can be opened without problems.

5. Problematic: Opening a new workflow causes the error message shown above.

@AndrewDeacon @guillermo_cordoba @beahyu Do you think this could be the issue in your case?

A fix for this is will come with version 4.4 or even 4.3.1.

Best Regards,
Ben

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.