Error when using Cloudera JDBC Driver at Hive Connector Node

Hi all,

I am using Knime Analytics Platform 4.1 locally and I try to connect via Hive Connector to Hive in Cloudera CDH 6.3.2 environment.
I have downloaded Cloudera Driver 2.6.9 via Download Hive JDBC Driver 2.6.9 , extracted the jar files and “imported” the driver in Knime
using File->Preferences->Databases. At the new driver entry the Driver Class is automatically set to “com.cloudera.hive.jdbc.HS1Driver”.

Then I use the Hive Connector Node where I choose the “imported” driver and fill the host, port and database. But when I execute the node I receive the following error

ERROR : KNIME-Worker-9-Hive Connector 2:1 : : Node : Hive Connector : 2:1 : Execute failed: Selected JDBC driver does not support given JDBC url.
java.sql.SQLException: Selected JDBC driver does not support given JDBC url.

• at org.knime.database.connection.UrlDBConnectionController.createConnection(UrlDBConnectionController.java:306)*
  • at org.knime.database.connection.UserDBConnectionController.createConnection(UserDBConnectionController.java:249)*
  • at org.knime.database.connection.AbstractConnectionProvider.createConnection(AbstractConnectionProvider.java:89)*
  • at org.knime.database.connection.impl.DBConnectionManager.lambda$2(DBConnectionManager.java:458)*
  • at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)*
  • at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)*
  • at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)*
  • at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)*

Is there a way to find the JDBC url that this node creates in order to investigate what’s happening?

Thank you in advance,
Ioanna

Hi Ioanna,
please select the com.cloudera.hive.jdbc.HS2Driver not com.cloudera.hive.jdbc.HS1Driver as the driver class and make sure that the URL template looks like this: jdbc:hive2://:/[database]

Bye
Tobias

2 Likes

Hi Tobias,

Thank you very much for your immediate response!

It works like a charm!

Thanks again,
Ioanna

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.