error - while appending tableau hyper on tableau server - cant found data source

Hi @navinjadhav,

are you sure that the datasource on the server has the same columns and datatypes as the table that you are trying to send to the server? I experienced that the Tableau Server give a misleading reply if this is not the case.

Best
Benjamin

Hi @navinjadhav,

did you check if it is the described problem? I would like to understand the issue to potentially improve our Tableau Integration.

Best
Benjamin

Yes i can cheked all coloumn and data type also same…

Hi @navinjadhav,
I cannot reproduce the problem. Can you provide more information that could help me reproducing it?

• Which version of KNIME Analytics Platform are you using?
  • Which version of the Tableau Server are you using?
  • Did you manage to append to another datasource (Maybe with an easy short workflow for testing: “Data Generator” -> “Send to Tableau Server (Hyper)”)
  • What are the column types?
  • Did you set any special permissions for the project or datasource? (Does the user have the “View” and “Save” permission on the datasource?)

Best
Benjamin

1 Like

on server, i use 3.7 AP
knime server 4.0
tableau server 2018.1.2 64bit linux
I didn’t try with another data source
datatype is mix srting date number

I guess permission does not issue cause I am able to run it with admin
it fails on 60-70%

Hi @navinjadhav,

I did successfully append a datasource with strings, date and time values and numbers. Can you try it with another datasource in a toy example? Knowing if this would work will help us finding out where the problem lies and how to reproduce and fix it.

Best,
Benjamin

1 Like

@navinjadhav,

were you able to solve your problem? If so - how?

Hello Team

I tried with another hyper, still am facing same error

are you trying on tableau server ? version of tableau server ?
we can have call to show you error !!

Hi @navinjadhav,

after some research I found that you are probably experiencing a Tableau Server bug which was reported here:
https://community.tableau.com/thread/269782

If you want to use the append functionality you have to update your Tableau Server. We cannot work around bugs on their side.

Best
Benjamin

6 Likes

Thanks for update …i also update on Tableau community but no reply from their side.
looks like they dont have good and active community member like knime.
Thanks for help

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.