Error while executing Database to Spark node

I’m trying to perform some test for understand how to process data from database through spark context. Currently I’m using the experimental node “Create Local Bigdata Environment” node for setting up the spark jobs with the Knime nigtly build.

After connecting to a specific database with MySQL Connector, I selected a specific data table with Database table selector node and then I have launched the Database to Spark node. But I have encountered this first issue related to JDBC driver:

ERROR Database to Spark 0:6 Execute failed: Required JDBC driver not found. Enable the ‘Upload local JDBC driver’ option in the node dialog to upload the required driver files to the cluster.

So, I have checked the “Upload local JDBDC driver” option within the Database to Spark node. And now I got this issue:

ERROR Database to Spark 0:6 Execute failed: Failed to execute Spark job: Illegal character in path at index 19: /Applications/KNIME 3.6.0_2018-03-13_20-00-15.app/Contents/Eclipse/plugins/org.knime.database.connectors_3.6.0.v201801101345/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.39-bin.jar

Someone has an idea to how to solve it?
Thanks in advance.

~G

The character at index 19 mentioned in the error message is the " " space character, you can try renaming KNIME 3.6.0_2018-03-13_20-00-15.app to e.g. KNIME-3.6.0_2018-03-13_20-00-15.app to get that error out of the way.

best,
Gabriel

Hi gab1one,
thank you for the suggestion. I have already tried to rename it, but it doesn’t seem a working solution.

~G

HI @gujodm,
do you get the same error after renaming or a different one?
best,
Gabriel

Hi gab1one,

it’s not the same error. It’s just that after renaming it I’m still not able to correctly launch the knime platform. I suppose that basically this is not a good idea to rename it.

~G

Hi @gujodm,
I think it still might be helpful if you could share the error you got after renaming with us, as it could tell us what the underlying issue is.

Do you mean you are unable to launch KNIME Analytics Platform after renaming the KNIME.app folder?
best,
Gabriel

Hi @gab1one,
forgive me for the late reply. Regarding the issue of yesterday I have tried to rename the KNIME.app folder again. And this time when I opened again Knime I didn’t encounter the eclipse error. Also the Database to Spark node finally worked well.

Thank you for the help. Much appreciated!
~G

1 Like

Hi @gujodm

my apologies for the delayed answer.

On March 14th I fixed an error in the Create Local Big Data Environment node that could be the cause for your problem. Have you updated your KNIME 3.6 nightly build on March 15th or later? Does the issue still occur there?

Best,
Björn

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.