Errors in Knime

I am getting errors for certain nodes e.g. missing column expressions, CSV readers. Status: Error: Node “Column Expressions” not available from extension “KNIME Expressions” (provided by “KNIME AG, Zurich, Switzerland”; plugin “org.knime.expressions.base” is not installed)

Hi @joel_lewinson,

welcome to the knime community. You are not alone with the issue you face. Though, it is particularly / notoriously difficult to reproduce it. Please follow this thread in case the Knime team manages to address it:

Best
Mike

3 Likes

In @joel_lewinson’s case it claims

plugin “org.knime.expressions.base” is not installed

Is that the issue? Can you confirm it is installed? This would be different to what we found in the linked thread (which is where it is about an issue in some community extension).

– Bernd

1 Like

How do I install this?

I think you can drag and drop this extension into your KNIME Analytics Platform:

Alternatively, you use the “Install Extensions” action in KNIME, and then install “KNIME Expressions”:

1 Like

I encountered similar issues when starting KNIME and a previously perfectly functional workflow was “re-opened”. Error said that CSV Reader was not “installed”. For my re-starting KNIME typically solved the issue but I found it pretty odd. I also noticed that after the error appeared when inspecting the workflow that the “reported” node was indeed missing in the chain.

Should I encounter it again I’ll make sure to get screenshots / look into the logs to help investigation given that it’s not only me :slight_smile:

Hi @MartinDDDD,

that issue is exactly what others encountered as well. In case you face it again, can you comment in this post so we ensure visibility about this stays high?

That way, we might also be able to finally trace down the cause :crossed_fingers:

Thanks
Mike

1 Like

Adding another thread where the same seems to have occured:

FYI - The thread where I collected all occurrences got closed as the issue seems to have gotten fixed in the upcoming version 5.2.6 and 5.3 respectively.

2 Likes

Hello Mwiegand,

I install KNIME 5.3 last week, and try to upgrade my workflow. I have still the issue with Column Expression nodes, which is impossible to install on my version. (I try also on the 5.2.5, with no success. And I try also on another version of 5.3 on another machine, with the same issue).

The issue is on the second “next” during the installation… by clicking there is no reaction. The window is blocked.

It does work with the function “Install new software” neither with the drag and drop from “Column Expression nodes” web page.

I got this message:

Status: Error: Node “Column Expressions” not available from extension “KNIME Column Expressions (Labs)” (provided by “KNIME AG, Zurich, Switzerland”; plugin “org.knime.expressions.base” is not installed)

Thanks for any help on this issue.

Have a nice day

Pierre I.

Hello,

Sorry, it works on 5.2.5. I found the KNIME Lab extension. the installation succeed, and the column expression nodes is in the repository!

The issue persists on 5.3!

Have a nice day

Pierre I.

1 Like

@thor FYI … I have seen the PR which seems to suppress an extension error but I was curious if that actually fixed the issue. Maybe it is a suppression of a false-positive.

Anyway, the issue seems to persists. I personally did not encounter the issue again, though.