Excel Reader skips empty column

Very surprised. Excel Reader node skips column with header but without content.
Say, I have couple of columns in Excel file then empty column and then couple following columns. The empty column is not presents in preview and not loaded. I assume to see empty column with header.

There is an option to skip or read empty columns or rows

4 Likes

Thank you, @mlauber71 This option is working. But confusing. Header considered as not a part of the data

Hi @izaychik63,

no so much when you think about it. There can not be empty column if there is no column and for column you need an identifier - header. Obviously a bit different with row as you can have empty row without row identifier.

Br,
Ivan

@ipazin, I just checked it and your concept did not stay. I added to the existing spreadsheet new column with one cell space next to the existing table. Unchecked skip empty columns and get output including empty column with Col12 header. This is really confusing and I would say needs to consider 2 cases with header and without separately. At least I will not skip empty column with header.

Hi @izaychik63,

will check it more and come back to you.

Br,
Ivan

Hi @izaychik63,

checked and agree that in some use cases can be a bit confusing. It has been forwarded :wink:

Have a nice day,
Ivan

Thank you, Ivan, for helping honing KNIME.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.