Excel Sheet Appender configure

Hi,

Can someone explain to me in the Excel Sheet Appender node what are these variables for and how are they confiure?

Hi,
Those are only used when you want to set a configuration option via flow variable (the red connections in KNIME). Those allow you to change a node’s configuration at runtime based on other data. So if you had, for example, a table that contains the xCellOffset value to use, you could turn that into a flow variable and reference it here so that this value is used instead of the default one.

A more common use case is to use the List Files node, then use the Table Row To Variable Loop Start and use the flow variable with the file path in the configuration of an Excel Reader or CSV Reader node.
Kind regards
Alexander

1 Like

Hi @AlexanderFillbrunn thanks for answer!.

Yes, I know it works as a variable, and I know how to use variables in knime.
However, my doubt, is more than what this variable does in the excel sheet, does it give a cell range to write the information?
If so, what values ​​should go in these variables if I want the information to be overwritten between columns A and C, in row 6 ?.
I have been configuring it with integers in xcellofset and in ycellofset, but the information is not written in this range.

Hi,
that’s strange, there really is no corresponding setting in the first tab of the dialog. I have asked our developers what this is about. I suspect it is a leftover from a previous implementation that was left in for backwards compatibility.
Kind regards
Alexander

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.