Excel Writer Node Error Append Sheets Path Variable

Hi everyone, I am trying to append several sheets into an Excel file, but there is an error while trying to execute the workflow:

ERROR Excel Writer 4:776 Execute failed: org.apache.poi.openxml4j.exceptions.InvalidFormatException: The part /xl/worksheets/sheet2.xmu does not have any content type ! Rule: Package require content types when retrieving a part from a package. [M.1.14]

Surprisingly using the old excel node called Excel Sheet Appender I can execute the workflow.

Excel Write Sheets sequentially.knwf (54.1 KB)

Thanks in advance

Hi @mauuuuu5

I just saw your post with the snapshots. I’m quickly replying in case the following idea could help. Are all the Excel Append nodes writing sheets to the same file at the same time ? If this is the case, instead of setting the red variable connexions in parallel, I would connect them serially, i.e. one -Excel Appender- node after the other to execute them sequentially. May be this could help.

Best

Ael

Ps: sorry I’m not in front of a computer, so I’m just guessing.

3 Likes

That’s strange. I have no issues executing the workflow you uploaded (after changing the folder names to suit my machine). Have you always had this issue?

On a different note, why not use the Create File/Folder Variables node to replace the 3 nodes you’re using to create the file path variable?

3 Likes

Hi @aworker that was precisely the next question since I guess that writing several sheets simultaneously can collapse the excel file.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi @elsamuel thank you for your help I did a slight modification and changed the variable ports to write the excel files sequentially and the workflow executed succesfully.

Cheers

3 Likes

My pleasure. Glad it helped :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: !
Best
Ael

2 Likes

If it is the same file just add input ports to one of writer the nodes using the dots and remove the others.

2 Likes

Thank you Mark, is the same destination file and different sources. As the other members of the forum advised me: (i) I simplified the input path nodes and (ii) removed the flow variables connections to each sheet.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.