execute workflow daily without KNIME server

Is it possible to execute workflow in KNIME analytics platform periodically like daily cron job without using the KNIME server?

Take a look at KNIME’s FAQ webpage:

There you can find the question:
“Is there any way to run KNIME in batch mode, i.e. only on command line and without the graphical user interface?” which then refers you to the way to run a Workflow in the command line, and from there, if you’re on WIndows, you could create a .bat file and refer to it at Windows’ Task Scheduler; if you’re on GNU/Linux then you could create a BASH script and refer to it with cron as you said.
knime -nosplash -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION​

I normally use it with the -workflowFile=“PATH_TO_FILE/Knime_project.zip” option by previously saving the project folder as a ZIP file.

You could also use the -consoleLog option for testing before creating your cron job to see if your Workflow is working as intended.

Good luck,

Thanks a lot! That is very helpful.
What if my workflow has report tool(BIRT)? Will the command line execution also start the report and generate report result?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.