Executing different nodes based on drop-down list selection

Hi,

I am new to KNIME. I am trying to integrate R code with KNIME. While integration, I am facing some problems. My problem is
I will have 3 options in the drop-down list. Also, I have created 3 nodes for each option in the drop-down list. Now If we select an option in the drop-down list, it should call the corresponding node.
KNIME_project4.knwf (17.2 KB)

Hi there,

welcome to KNIME Community Forum!

Are you looking for something like Case Switch node? Take a look at this example from KNIME Hub.

Br,
Ivan

Hi,

I made changes in the project. I have added Case Switch Data node in the process. But that Case Data node is not working as expected. All the time it is activating port 0 only. My objective is to activate the port based on the drop-down selection. Please help me to solve this issue.

KNIME_project4.knwf (31.3 KB)

Regards,
krs.

I have added case switch data node in the process. But this process is always enabling port 0. My objective is to enable drop-down list’s respective node. Here I have attached the project which I have prepared.
KNIME_project4.knwf (31.3 KB)
Please help me to detect the issue.

Hi there,

you should use flow variable in Case Switch node. As in example I have linked. So depending on your Value Selection you need to create flow variable corresponding to it. You can probably use Table Column to Variable node.

For more on flow variables see here.

Try it out and if you can’t make it I will share an example.

Br,
Ivan

Hi ipazin,

I tried that but I could not able to achieve the objective. I have been facing the same issue from last 3 days. Can you please send me an example on the same?

Regards,
krs.

Hi there,

here is a simple example. Download it and modify it according to your needs. If you have KNIME Server and plan to use workflow on WebPortal in that case you should create Component from Value Selection Widget node. If not then you can create Component from Value Selection Configuration node or leave it as is.

https://kni.me/w/EBRJbHp-Qz8dVWno

If any question feel free to ask.

Br,
Ivan

3 Likes

Thank you, ipazin. Now its working.

1 Like

Glad to hear it :slight_smile:
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.