Execution Error in using Keras Network Learner

Hi,

I am trying to use Keras Network Learner for an image classification task, but I keep getting the following error:

ERROR Keras Network Learner 5:273 Execute failed: Method org/knime/ip/dl/DLImgPlusValueToFloatTensorConverterFactory.getDataShape(Ljava/util/List;Lorg/knime/dl/core/DLTensorSpec;)[J is abstract

I already ran the KNIME example 04_Fine_Tune_VGG16 and everything worked fine in there. So obviously it could not have to do with my python installation or KNIME Keras extension. Any idea what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

I guess I realized what is the problem, yet I don’t have any solution for that.
The problem is that I am using grayscale images and used the following settings to read, normalize, and resize them:

When I use the processed images as input to Python, however, it identifies them as two-dimensional arrays (150,150). While the Conv2D layer I am going to use in my deep network requires a three dimensional array (150,150,1) as input. Does anyone know how should I resolve this?

Thanks

Hi @behrooz12,
To add an dimension of size 1 to your images use the following node:
https://nodepit.com/node/org.knime.knip.base.nodes.proc.DimExtendNodeFactory%23Dimension%20Extender

best,
Gabriel

1 Like

Thanks, Gabriel. That solved the dimensions issue. Now when I open my images using Image Viewer it shows the channel dimension as well:
However, the Keras Network Learner error still exists.

ERROR Keras Network Learner 3:273 Execute failed: Method org/knime/ip/dl/DLImgPlusValueToFloatTensorConverterFactory.getDataShape(Ljava/util/List;Lorg/knime/dl/core/DLTensorSpec;)[J is abstract

Do you have any ideas what else could be the issue? Is it about the shape of input tensors?

Hi behrooz12,

I suspect your KNIME Image Processing - Deep Learning extension is out of sync for some reason. Could you try to update it via File > Update KNIME… or - if it’s already up to date - try to reinstall it? (First remove it via Help > About KNIME > Installation Details > Installed Software, then install it via File > Install KNIME Extensions…).
Please let me know if neither of these resolves the issue or if you have any questions about those steps.

Marcel

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.