Execution Error (return code 2) using Database Connection Table Writer to create temp table

Hi @Iris,

I am trying to run the Database Connection Table Writer, which creates a temp table for my selected data. Here’s how it looks like:

The ‘Database Table Selector’ is selecting a set of data from the hive database table on Hadoop, which then gets grouped by in the ‘Database GroupBy’ node. I want the grouped data to be stored in a temp table which should get created through the ‘Database Connection Table Writer’. This is how it looks like:

It throws an error in this particular step which is:
Execute failed: Error while processing statement: FAILED: Execution Error, return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mr.MapRedTask

I have similar workflows for other tables in the database and it is running fine for those. Could you please help me with this?

Thank you,
Radhika Maheshwari

Hi there,

this is message from Hive and actually it is not saying what is the real error. Check this topic how to find out what is the real problem:

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

Thank you for your input, @ipazin.
I fixed the error. It was an issue on my end. My data format and a path in the workflow variable were incorrect.

After fixing that, I am not facing this error anymore. Thank you for your help!

-Radhika

1 Like

HI @rmaheshwari0110,

glad you managed to fix it :slight_smile:

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.