External Tool (Labs) not showing up in KNIME 4.2?

Hi, I am upgrading to 4.2.0 but the External Tool (Labs) is not showing up in the repository even though it appears to be installed. Has anyone else seen this issue?
Thank you Bob

Hi @rmarmon,

just tried it out and it shows up for me after extensions installation. You can try starting KNIME with -clean parameter. See here: Continental nodes invisible
And what happens if you Drag&Drop it from KNIME Hub into your workflow?

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Thank you Ivan will try -clean. Tried drag and drop and search to no avail.

Bob

Tried clean and still no sign of it and on checking in org.knime.update.analytics-platform_4.2.0 I can’t see it is actually in the package I can see the External Tool node and the External SSH Tool node but not the External Tool (Labs) node. So I was wrong it isn’t installed just not there in the package which is different from what is on the Hub? https://hub.knime.com/knime/extensions/org.knime.features.exttool/latest/org.knime.exttool.node.ExttoolNodeFactory which suggests it is a 4.2.0 node.

1 Like

Hi @rmarmon,

so seems to me you don’t have proper extension installed for External Tool node from Labs as it is not in same extension as External Tool node. See my screenshot how to find it when you go File --> Install KNIME Extensions...

Make sure to unckeck Group items by category option.

Still not sure why node wasn’t installed when you used Drag&Drop from Hub. Can you also check that you have proper update sites enabled? Here is shot from my preferences:

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hi Ivan, Thank you very much for that the node finally showed up when I unchecked the Group items by category option. Very odd since it told me everyting was already installed before. I think the drag and drop doesn’t work for me because we can never update from external update sites due to our firewall - I always have to download the .zip files.

Thank you for your help.

Best wishes

Bob

1 Like

Hi @rmarmon,

glad to hear node is there! Firewall then explains Drag&Drop not working…

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.