Feature loss after upgrading to KNIME 4.7

Dear all,

thank you very much for the new release just before X-mas…

Obviously I directly downloaded KNIME 4.7 and observed that the new release has lost one nice feature which was available in KNIME 4.6.3.
My post relates to the new KNIME View Nodes in KNIME Labs.
In version 4.6.3. it was possible to “switch on or off” a variable shown in a Line Plot by clicking on the respective entry in the legend. This feature is not working in KNIME 4.7.
I am working on a Win11 laptop with 16 GB there of 8 GB reserved for KNIME.

Once again thank you for your constant and intensive work!

Best regards,

Jürgen

Hey Jürgen,

great that you directly tried out the views and thanks for reporting.
This was not an intentional change and I opened a bug ticket for it (internal reference UIEXT-663).
We will bring back this functionality with 4.7.1.

Greetings,
Daniel

1 Like

Hello Daniel,

just as an add-on (presumably not for 4.7.1 :slight_smile: )…

It would be great if the new View nodes would also react on selected data to create interactivity within a component… (like the Plotly nodes).

These new nodes are really great as they can (by my perception) handle large data sets easier than Plotly.

Looking forward to 4.7.1 and once again thank you

Jürgen

Hey Jürgen,

this should already be possible for most of the new nodes. The only downside is, that we completely rewrote how the selection is internally handled. This change made it not compatible with the current Selection of the current JavaScript views.

SelectionDemo

Greetings,
Daniel

4 Likes

Thank you very much Daniel! I will try the views in a component. It would be great if it would react on zooming events as well……

Best regards,

Jürgen

What exactly do you mean with zooming events?

Greetings,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

assuming you have two scatterplots in a component with the same x-axis (e.g. a time axis). It would be nice if one could zoom into a part of one graph and (at least in this case) the x-axis of the second graph would react on the change of the first graph accordingly.

So the Python View example on the KNIME 4.7 introduction web page shows exactly this nice behavior, but I am looking for separated Views in a component connected via Selection and Zooming.

Best regards,

Jürgen

Hey Jürgen,

got it, thanks for the explanation. Sound like an interesting feature request and I opened a ticket for it
(internal reference UIEXT-683)

Greetings,
Daniel

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

Thank you much for considering this approach.

As a workaround either the re-execution possibility for all input widgets (there is already a discussion in the forum) or the ability of the new View nodes to be reactive in a component to interactive filtering might be desirable (or all these approaches :grinning:).

Best regards,

Jürgen

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.