Feature Request: Partial least squares (PLS) regression

Hi,

Lately, I’ve been working on building a QSAR/QSPR modeling workflow in KNIME (predicting properties from chemical structures). From what I discovered in the literature, partial least squares (PLS) regression is widely used for this and is essential for other applications with wide data sets or highly correlated features, such as chemometric data.

Over the last week, I worked on running the R “pls” package in KNIME. This worked for simple examples. However, I started running into problems when I tried to expand the workflow.

Specifically, it runs extremely slow with the leave-one-out (LOO) cross-validation method (x-partitioner/x-aggregator), unlike other stand-alone regression nodes in KNIME. This makes it impossible to use in workflows that include parameter optimization and feature selection.

1 Like

Hi @tnad -

Sorry for the trouble. We have a ticket for in the system around adding a PLS node (internal: AP-11751). I’ll add a +1 from you.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.