Feedback on the Process Mining Extension

Hello KNIME Community,

We, the development team of PM4KNIME, are always looking for ways to improve and expand our extension, and we value your feedback and suggestions! Whether you are already a user or just discovering the process mining extension now, we would like to hear your thoughts about the following topics (feel free to open more discussion topics):

1. What additional process mining techniques or features you would like to see integrated into PM4KNIME? We take your feedback seriously, and it will help us prioritize our development efforts.

2. PM4KNIME provides nodes that accept event logs (in the XES format) as well as nodes that accept KNIME tables as input instead. While event logs are a more natural representation of processes (i.e. a sequence of events), KNIME tables allow you to perform statistical analysis, data cleansing, and other data processing techniques with native KNIME nodes. What are your preferences and experiences with using these two types of event data representations? Your feedback will help us better understand the needs and preferences of our users and guide the future development of PM4KNIME.

We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your help in making PM4KNIME a more effective and user-friendly process mining tool.

Best regards,

PM4KNIME Team

PS: The best way to report an issue is by creating a new GitHub issue on our repository. We appreciate your help, and we will follow up on your work on fixing reported issues as quickly as possible!

9 Likes

hi, PM4KNIME Team,

It’s interesting. This is the first time I’ve heard of process mining.

I want to dive in it with KNIME, but it looks like some documentation is missing to get started. Or I just didn’t find them?

Best regards,

Dear @HaveF ,

It’s great to hear that you are interested in process mining and that you would like to get started with KNIME.

The process mining extension has its own section on the KNIME Hub, where you can find descriptions for all nodes and some example workflows. In addition, you can find more information, some example applications, and a demonstration video on the PM4KNIME web page.

We also recommend checking out processmining.org, which is a great starting point for anyone who wants to learn about process mining. This website provides valuable information and resources on various process mining techniques.

Good luck with your process mining journey!

PM4KNIME Team

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.