File reader Node Not Working With Flow Variables

This problem seems to be a duplicate of one submitted a few months ago but I saw resolution posted.

https://www.knime.com/forum/knime-general/problem-with-the-file-reader-node-when-using-workflow-variables

I attached a simple workflow that creates a variable with a filename. When I try to use it in the Filereader node, I get the error “Errors loading flow variables into node : Coding issue: Cannot create URL of data file from ‘C:\Users\scott.mcleod\Documents\Knime Data Files\Sample2.csv’ in filereader config”.

What may contribute to the issue is that I used the “Preserve user settings” when configuring the node so the column data types don’t change from run to run. That was a needed step because when my file had USA Postal Codes it decided that column was integer. but when I read a file of Canada postal codes, it changed data type to String.

I includes a simple 3 node example of the issue. The attached CSV has a single record in it that the sample workflow is unable to read.

Sample FileReader.knwf (9.5 KB)
Sample2.zip (230 Bytes)

Does this solve your problem:

YES! Thank you. God I love how great the KNIME community forum is at solving problems.

3 Likes