File Upload Widget

Hi,
I am trying to upload a csv file in my server. I have a file upload widget connected to a csv reader later on. However if i don’t run the file upload widget first in my local and then upload, it simply says workflow not executed.
If i run the file upload widget in my local and save it and then upload it, it works then.

Can someone tell why is that the case?
Also i don’t wish to enter a default file as the name comes up on the screen. Is there a way to either not display the file name or not take any default file at all?

1 Like

Hi @r_jain,

I moved this topic under KNIME Server as it fits better here.

If you leave the box “Store uploaded file in workflow directory” activated the uploaded file will be stored within a temp folder created in the workflow directory. The different file-upload-input flow variables should contain the file name and it’s path in different formats afterwards.

If you have this option already activated and still facing issues while running this: Could you try to activate “Reset Workflow(s) before Upload” while deploying the workflow to the KNIME Server?

You don’t need to provide a default file, just leave the setting empty.

Best,
Michael

On doing the reset workflow before upload, i get error

Some of the errors are:-

• WARNING Impala Connector 1296:18: The input data type mapping configuration is not valid.
  • WARNING Component Input 1296:42:0:1298:0:1298: Component does not have input data, execute upstream nodes first
  • WARNING String Configuration 1296:41:0:1298:0:1175: Component does not have input data, execute upstream nodes first
  • WARNING String Configuration 1296:41:0:1298:0:1176: Component does not have input data, execute upstream nodes first
  • WARNING Component Input 1296:42:0:18: Component does not have input data, execute upstream nodes first
  • WARNING String Configuration 1296:42:0:1298:0:1212: Component does not have input data, execute upstream nodes first
  • WARNING String Configuration 1296:41:0:1298:0:1171: Component does not have input data, execute upstream nodes first
  • WARNING String Configuration 1296:41:0:1298:0:1172: Component does not have input data, execute upstream nodes first

These are only warnings triggered by the configuration stage where the workflow job is checked during the loading phase. As the job is not executed at all the triggering of warning messages is pretty usual. What happens if you execute the job afterwards? How do you execute the workflow, via the KNIME Analytics Platform or are using the Webportal?

With the webportal it is not at all getting executed. I am running all components one by one and then only it works.

If you start the workflow from within the Webportal you should get error and warning messages. Could you provide the listed error messages as I don’t understand why the execution of the workflow is not working.
Thanks,
Michael

1 Like

It worked now. The connector to the database has to be run locally first. The DB reader can be reset but not the impala connector. That has to be run locally and then uploaded.

Thanks

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.