Flow variable as default value in configuration node of a component

Hello,

Within the node repository, the “Double Configuration” node can be used to configure the component with a double value, providing also a default value for it. I wonder if it’s possible this default value to be a flow variable within the same component. In the Flow Variables tab of the Double Configuration node, it seems that the default value is locked and cannot be a flow variable. Contrariwise, for the String Configuration node this can be done. The default value isn’t locked and can be a flow variable.

Screenshot from 2022-06-29 16-28-48
Screenshot from 2022-06-29 16-28-27

For my purpose, I can also just use the String Configuration node, but using regex to validate floats won’t be very smart. Double Configuration node provides this min and max validation which is convenient.

I would like the configuration node to read the flow variable as the default value. That way, opening the configuration dialog of the component, the default value won’t be fixed but would depend on the component’s workflow.

In the Flow Variables tab of the Double Configuration node, it seems that the default value is locked and cannot be a flow variable.

Where are you getting this from?

You can definitely use a flow variable to set the default value. It works the same way as the String Configuration node. You just have to supply the flow variable in the appropriate format, i.e. double.

2 Likes

Thank you for the help, I haven’t noticed that!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.