Formatting of several records in a table for processing

Someone to help me,
Last year my workflows were working fine, this year my source file has evolved and I find myself stuck. My current workflow adds many columns and I think I need to rework it to avoid this problem.
Below an example :

In the new information, the parameters are repeated several times (parameters 17 and 18, 6 times, parameters 9, 4 times).
Is it possible to group repeating parameters?
The values can be added together if they are in the same group.
parsing_files.knwf (90.4 KB)
input_2022.txt (7.3 KB)
input_2021.txt (2.6 KB)

Maybe there is another way to get this results?

Thank you for your answers.
BR, Stef PF

Would you be able to post a workflow using relative paths (Reading Files in KNIME - YouTube) instead of local paths. I can’t seem to get your set up working on my own computer.

Hi victor,

I don’t know, if this is the right way. Normally, at the end of the workflow, there is a loop and it fails because there is not the same number of columns. Is there also a way to reject this excess information?

Parsing_files_process.knwf (47.0 KB)
BR, Stef PF

If your issue is that the loop fails due to changing table specifications, could you please alter the Dialog (configure) of the Loop End node you are using to allow the table to change? Just put a check mark on “Allow changing table specifications”. And let me know if that solves your problem.

If not, could you give me some concrete examples of what you would like to keep and what you would like to remove? (see my second image for what is generated using your newest knime workflow - it didn’t work as intended but this time I was able to use the txt file you uploaded).

Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 9.50.54 AM

Hi Victor,

The solution you propose does not work, because I am doing a database insertion.
In this case, I would have to delete the class 5.

BR,
Stef.pf

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.