GConf Error: No D-BUS daemon running

I have a workflow that is running via the command line on a Linux Ubuntu environment.  The workflow is scripted and runs via a cron job.

The workflow runs successfully; however, in my error log I get the following

GConf Error: No D-BUS daemon running

(process:31844): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:

---Registering Weka Editors---

Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11

I have looked in the knime.log file and do not find anything like these errors.

Any ideas?

Thanks

You can ignore this warning, it doesn't affect the execution at all.

It's strange though, that no dbus daemon is running as it's usually used by almost every application nowadays.

Thanks for the reply.

Is there anyway for me to suppress this error.  It gets created in my error file and then I get an e-mail because my error file has something in it.  I want to get e-mails if there truly is an error.

Can you point me to maybe something about the dbus daemon and then maybe I can get it running.  This is on a Linux Ubuntu server that is only for this purpose, there is very little else running on it.

I don't know how to get rid of this message. Maybe the internet has something to say about this. But I've occasionally seen this for other programs, too, so it's not a KNIME issue. It seems that on Ubuntu Server no dbus is runnng (which make kind of sense for a server), but GTK applications expect it to be there.