Generic Web Service Client

Hi Knimers,

I have to use this node in order to retrieve data using SOAP protocol and I have two questions regarding this node.

1. I got a null pointer exception error when it tried to parse the wsdl.
    In fact, the node is able to extract the service name, the port and the operation value, the input element but not the output element.

Please find below the code related to the output element.

<xs:element name="outputMethod">
                <xs:complexType>
                    <xs:sequence>
                        <xs:element ref="results" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
                    </xs:sequence>
                </xs:complexType>
            </xs:element>
            <xs:element name="results">
                        <xs:element name="identifier" type="xs:string"/>
                       <xs:element name="category" type="xs:string"/>

I downloaded the file and I replaced the element with the ref attribute by the elements of the complex type. Then I tried to use my local version of the wsdl in the node, and it worked.

<xs:element name="outputMethod">
                        <xs:element name="identifier" type="xs:string"/>
                       <xs:element name="category" type="xs:string"/>
            </xs:element>

I would like to know if the node is able to understand the “ref” attribute ?

1. I would like to know how it is possible to remove from the dropdown menu the wsdl path values?

In my case, I would like to remove the value of my local wsdl.

I tried to remove the line from the “history_class org.knime.ext.cxf.webservice.client.node.CxfClientNodeDialogPane#wsdlFile.txt” file located in the .metadata directory of my workspace but everytime I configure the node the deleted line reappears in the history file.

Regards,
Joel

Hey Joel,

So just to clarify, you are able to get data using the Generic Web service client and you are just getting errors when parsing the XML?

Thanks,
Gamble

Hi Gambie

Sorry to not reply earlier but I was out of office last week.

I was not able to test the web service as I have an HTTP 403 error.

In fact, I have to use a custom certificate for the authentication and it seems that it is not recognized by the node. I added the certificate in the JRE plugin folder of the KNIME installation but I still have the issue.

I tested the WSDL modifications, I made using SOAPUI application and it worked because I can create a local keystore.

So I hoped that it will work in KNIME too, once I will figure out how to find this issue.

Regards,
Joel

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.