Geospatial Analytics Extension

Hi,

I have the error message as shown below when I tried to install the Geospatial Analytics Extension.

Any clue about this error?

My KNIME version is 4.7.5 (4.7.4 has the same error message) and my operating system is Windows 11 64-bit.

Best,
Connor

Can someone help me to check if the same error pops up when you install this extension?

Hi,

please share the KNIME log and have a look at the installation-specific files. Do they provide clues already about the error?

Thanks
Steffen

The Error Log shows below:

KNIME log has nothing about the installation. I checked create_env.err under D:\knime_4.7.4\plugins\sdl.harvard.geospatial.channel.bin.win32.x86_64_1.1.1.202306211527\bin. The file is empty.

Based on the error message below:

I wonder if this installation error is related to R? I have installed RStudio in my computer.

Can you please post the content of the create_env.out? Or was that empty as well?

Thanks
Steffen

Hi,
I just wanted to add to the shared error. I have also started to receive the same error message while trying to install KNIME Geospatial Extensions post starting to use KAP 5.1.

An error occurred while installing the items
session context was:(profile=KNIMEProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Install, operand=null → [R]org.knime.python.llm.channel.bin.win32.x86_64 5.1.0.202307191422, action=org.knime.product.p2.actions.ShellExec).
ShellExec command exited non-zero exit value:

I am running the KAP 5.1 portable version and using Windows 10 64-bit. I am behind a proxy wall but, I have been able to successfully install other extensions except Geospatial and AI extensions. The primary issue seems to be the extraction of the relevant python packages as part of the installation.

@steffen_KNIME
Tagging KNIME colleague for better reach.

Best,
Nilotpal

Hi @nilotpalc,

sorry to hear that you’re running into problems with installing the extensions behind a proxy.
Just to clarify, do you have these proxy settings configured in a .condarc file as well or “only” system-wide?

Best,
Carsten

Hi Carsten,
@carstenhaubold
I have configured the proxy settings in the Network interface within KNIME preferences. I am not aware of the changes to be made in any .condarc file within KNIME.
I also transferred the sdl folders (3 nos) from my personal laptop where these extensions were installed to my office laptop but, still ran into the above error.

Best,
Nilotpal

Hi Carsten,
@carstenhaubold
Thanks for pointing out the .condarc aspect. i came across a previous conversion of yours.

I identified that the proxy settings in my environment variables were still showing the older settings which had been changed a month back. I updated the same and the geospatial extensions got installed.

Thanks.

Best,
Nilotpal

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.