GET Request and example 50_11_01 not working? (Solved)

I am trying to get the 50_11_01 Forest Fire Prediction example working.

The original online example comes back with error:

ERROR LoadWorkflowRunnable                Status: Error: Node "GET Resource" not available from extension "REST Client" (provided by "Cenix Bioscience"; plugin "com.cenix.krest.nodes" is not installed)

So I replaced the "Missing GET Resource" node with the updated Knime GET Request node.  In the node configuration I input the URL with many different examples (with my API) such as the below:

api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/forecast?id=524901&APPID=1111111111

http://api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/find?lat=55.5&lon=37.5&cnt=10

I know the URLs are correct because I can get the JSON output when I put these URL's in my browser and I do have API keys for api.openweathermap.org.

But I keep getting the below error messages:

Column "body" still contains missing values.
Column "temp" still contains missing values.
Column "wind" still contains missing values.

Column "RH" still contains missing values.

The Temp, Wind, RH and Rain are not getting transferred from api.openweathermap.org to the Knime table?!?

Can anyone update this example (50_11_01 Forest Fire Prediction) or help me with the configuration of the GET Request node?

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Just an update to the above ...

I was able to get the GET Request node to work and not get the above error messages. 

If you add the XPath node after the GET Request node then you are able to get the missing values with no error messages.

Hi tw349,

We will update the workflow and upload it on 50_Applications folder.

Thank you,

Cheers,

Vincenzo

Still waiting :slight_smile:

1 Like

Instead, I managed to do something right here both for current Weather and for Forecast.
Please, replace the API key with yours.

October 19, 2018 5:55 AM
OpenWeather.knwf (45.3 KB)

1 Like