GET Request's result is too long ?

Hello there!

I am trying to use the GET Request node with NTLM authentication, but the result from the request is either ,?" or the right JSON object.
I am currently using the 4.3 Nightly Build.

My question is: Is there any restrictions for the length of the result from the GET Requests?
Sadly I cannot share the data I am trying to work with, but if I execute the GET Request Node with 1 day of data (one huge object, with more level inside) it works fine. But when I try to get 3-4 days of data from the GET Request, I got the result as a ,? ". The data I should get as a result is a JSON object.

In POSTMAN I can test the connection and it works fine, it is slow, but I can get all the data even for a month period of time.

Working GET request result for 1 day of data:

Not Working GET request result for 3 days of data:

I tried to increase the timeout in the Node, but still got the same result for longer data: ?

What should I do to get long GET Request results? (or what is the problem exactly?)

Hi @HordosBence

Thanks for posting here. From my understanding there is no limit to the size the GET Request can pull back if you have sufficient memory and timeout! I don’t know how we could troubleshoot this, but maybe you could try a Java snipper in the interim.

If you’re using Postman- it will even output the Java code for your request.

Let me know if the Java works!

Regards,
Wali Khan

1 Like

Hello @HordosBence,

and welcome to KNIME Community!

There is a node to extract the error message behind missing value - Extract Missing Value Cause. Can you give it a try to see if there’s any error message? If not empty string will be return.

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

Hi @wkhan

Thank you for your response!
I tried to create a Java snippet with the OkHttp Java package (Postman uses this).
I added the jar as an Additional Libraries but when I execute the Node it throws an exception:

What else should I do to include and use the external jar? (I imported the class in the code too)

1 Like

Hello @ipazin

Thank you for your response!

I added the Extract Missing Value Cause Node and this is the result:

Hmm unfortunately I don’t really use java :sweat_smile:. Let me see if I can find or make an example for you- might be in Python!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.