Get Timestamp for each Ranked Value

Dear all,

I am having a question regarding to the workflow from post 2 in that thread
is it possible to get a new timestamp every time, when the values changes from Loiter to Auto?
Perhaps I can use Lag Column and moving Agrregation. For that purpose? But if so… I haven’t found a way doing so

thanks a lot!!

Hi @buechertasche123

this sounds like you would need to loop this. Can you make me an example where you have the loiter/Auto column and how you want to have those timestamps assigned than?

2 Likes

Hi Iris,

super thanks for your help and I am very sorry for my late response! Please find attached a picture how I would like to have the solution. The timestamp should use milliseconds and append in a new column.

Thank you very much!

Hi there @buechertasche123,

Not sure I understand. You want create artificial timestamp when change occurs? And within same auto/loiter group have same timestamp value? Your picture is a bit confusing…

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Dear @ipazin ,

I am very sorry for the confusion. Let me explain.

I am reading Log Files from a Drone and use these files for Deep Learning. The Drone is creating – every time when LiPo gets plugged in a Timestamp. That timestamp starts, when the Drone has a 3D Fix Position.

For the Deep learning approach, I only need the Timestamp for some maneuvers and not for the hole flight. That means that every time when the Values in Column Batch changes from loiter** to Auto** it should generate a new Timestamp in milliseconds.

Super thanks for your help!
regards

If I got you right here is modified workflow from @HansS where I used Column Expressions to create artificial timestamp when change occurs.

before after value_ipazin.knwf (53.5 KB)

Hope this helps!

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

Dear @ipazin

Thank you very much!
This is almost that what I am looking for, but the Timestamp is supposed to continue until the value has changed.

Loiter 000
? 001
? 002
? 003
Auto 000
? 001
? 002
? 003
Loiter 000
? 001
? 002
Auto 001
? 002

I know that the Timestamp is supposed to be unique. But for Decision Trees and some other Algorithm’s, I perhaps get better results, when the training-data knows, how long one maneuverer has been taken. I tried to implement that with moving aggration and lag column, but I was unlucky.

Super thanks for your help so far!!

ok. Not sure what you are doing. Creating Timestamps to calculate maneuver duration? You really need timestamp or duration in some unit is sufficient (millisecond for example)? Anyways can you give example with timestamps? So “08-05-1988 12:00:00.001” and not 001,002,003…

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Dear @ipazin

Indeed

timestamp for joining: Like IMU and GPS readings (already done)
Duration for the maneuver

Yes. 001 was just not the correct writing. 08-05-1988 12:00:00.001 will work fine

The only thing is…
Your workflow continuous with the timestamp, even the values in column batch has been changed. What I want is, that when the value is changing – then creating a new timestamp. So that I can see for instance: auto 1 took 20 seconds, auto 2 took 5 Seconds.

super thanks!!

here is modified workflow. Used Group Loop Start to get desired output. Probably there are other ways to determine maneuver duration and sure there is way to optimize process but leave that to you.

before after value_ipazin2.knwf (66.6 KB)

Hope I got it this time :slight_smile:

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Dear @ipazin,

Thank you very much! Have a nice week :slight_smile:

kind reagrds

1 Like

Hi @buechertasche123,

glad I helped.

Tnx and you too,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.