Google Authentification Error

Thanks, I shall give that a go when I have more time.

Any idea how to access the P12 file when executing the workflow from KNIME Server?
I guess this question applies for any external files when executing on KNIME Server too!

I got it to work. I just created a new p12 file and now it works just fine.

1 Like

@tobias.koetter Is there any expectation that the old user-level authentication will be possible again in the future? Is there something KNIME can do to get verification, or is it just Google closing off that part of their platform?

Hi rsherhod,
sorry for the late reply. We are working on getting certified again with Google since December :frowning: Unfortunately this is a cumbersome process. We are very sorry about this and do our best to get this sorted out as soon as possible. Until then you need to use the Google Authentication (API Key) node with a p12 file to access data in Google Driver or Google Cloud.
Bye
Tobias

2 Likes

I tried the walkthru but not working for me with Google Analytics-- what is GCP Console?

Hi @webstar,

GCP stands for Google Cloud Platform and Console is just interface I would say. Here is print screen.

Also take a look at this a bit more detailed walkthrough in this topic with additional links:

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Unfortunately that walk-through is for gsuite organization -

-We need a walkthru for NON G Suite users as they can ONLY create External which has a completely different downstream options set. The issue is that I dont see any way to publish OAUTH- Do I need that?

Hi @webstar,

not quite sure what gsuite organization is but quite sure I’m not in one. Or at least mail I used for set up :smiley:

Also regardless of that menus and options should be quite similar.

Br,
Ivan

The options are not similar at all actually - after a few runs i was able to get this to work the following is necessary – Give A service account access to the data then use API key and download the p2 file on your desktop –

1 Like

There’s a rather definitive fork in the road in the tutorial and there’s two directions with various impacts explained by Google. Posted on the walkthrough. I imagine it’s a similar setup, just different consequences depending on the usage of the data.

screen shot of blog discussing knime google authentication api key node.

I believe these have more to do with “apps” using the sensitive data in the wrong setting which would then require a security review which can yada yada yada. Given desires are to query data on a desktop, I don’t think it’s a big deal.

Best,
T

2 Likes

Thanks - -there is a definitive fork for sure – however the external choice makes a big difference what happens "next’ -when choosing this fork. MY connection with Google Analytics is working and I DID not complete that section – neither External nor internal

1 Like

That’s awesome, so you don’t need to add anything here, just make a service account and hit play?

I’m following a fork path due to obligations but will make an adjustment to the blog if it makes sense. Thanks for the help, i’d hate to send people down this pipeline if it’s not relevant. Appreciate your help.

Best,
T

1 Like

I confirm that I followed the tuto without completing the internal/external section and the Google API connection is working fine.

3 Likes

Thanks, I could connect the Google Authentication (API Key), but not with the normal google authentication node. However, even though I was able to create and read a google sheet, I couldn’t see it at the google sheets interface. I need to show (to a class) the interactivity between google sheets and Knime, making a formula on google sheets, and read it again. Could you help me?

Tyler - sorry for the delayed reply - I do think it makes sense to make an adjustment to the blog, but this is my opinion. It is very easy to get stuck if you try to follow the path shown due to the fact that it might appear as though you are waiting for google to approve your connection-- we can connect directly if that is helpful

1 Like

Yes - you have to skip that part if you are a free user!

The problem is that if you’re using a service account, the account acts as a separate entity, so the Sheets you are writing won’t automatically be shared with your own account.

The workflow Share Spreadsheet To Account (KNIME 4.1) showcases how you can share a Sheet written to a service account with a list of other users.

1 Like

We have an update on the Google Authentication situation.

For Google Sheets and Google Drive, you should now be able to use the Google Authentication node again. For it to work you have to make sure to deselect the Google Analytics scopes in the node’s configuration dialog. Google applied some restrictions, so that authentication does not work when requesting the Google Analytics scopes at the moment.

For Google Analytics, for the time being, you have to continue using the Google Authentication (API Key) node.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

3 Likes

Will update it this weekend, thanks for the help.
Agreed on scopes being what you troubleshoot the most at the startup.

I would highly recommend developing all the ‘scope’ tools as necessary, label it, and never do it again.

I’ve unselected anything to do with Google Analytics. The have tried playing around with the various remaining selections. (Google Sheets Read, Google Sheets and Google Drive Read) and other single and double combinations - but it still doesn’t work.

Once I click authenticate it brings me to google sign in
I choose my account
Google then asks about permissions / access - I click allow
inside the browser it looks like it is working. “Received verification code. You may now close this window.”
i go back to knime and it gives me a timeout error. "Authentication failed. SocketTimeoutException: connect time out

please help :slight_smile:

1 Like