Group by behaviour with v2.8

Hi all,

The group by behaviour with v2.8 seems to add new columns in the flow to the 'group' table without explicit action by the user. This can cause problems: I was wondering if this can be disabled (eg. enforce inclusion button) or reverted back to previous versions?

thanks in advance

Hi,

thanks for reporting this issue and sorry for the inconveniences. We are working on the problem and will try to fix it with the next bug fix release.

Thanks,

Tobias

Hi Tobias,

thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated. FYI, I also see this behaviour in the pivot and group loop nodes too.

cheers

Hi,

we will have a look into these nodes as well and will definitely fix it with one of the next releases.

Thanks a lot for your help by reporting these issues,

Tobias

Hi,

I assume that you mean the Group Loop Start node with the group loop nodes. This node allows you to specify in the dialog if new columns should be placed in the include or exclude list. As in your case if new columns should be placed in the exclude list select the Enforce inclusion option at the bottom of the include list. If new columns should be appended to the include list select the Enforce exclusion option at the bottom of the exclude list.

Bye,

Tobias