HANA JDBC driver broken

Hi,
I am using KNIME (3.7.2) with HANA JDBC driver (1.120.17) and everything is working fine.
I now had to update the driver (to 2.4.1389) and the driver does not load.
I checked the error log and found:
DEBUG : main : DatabaseDriverLoader : : : Load driver from file: C:\Program Files\sap\hdbclient\ngdbc.jar
ERROR : main : KNIMECorePlugin : : : Error while starting workbench, some setting may not have been applied properly: META-INF/versions/9/com/sap/db/jdbc/CallableStatementSapDB9 has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 53.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0
DEBUG : main : KNIMECorePlugin : : : Error while starting workbench, some setting may not have been applied properly: META-INF/versions/9/com/sap/db/jdbc/CallableStatementSapDB9 has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 53.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: META-INF/versions/9/com/sap/db/jdbc/CallableStatementSapDB9 has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 53.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0

This looks for me that the driver is compiled with a more recent version of Java than KNIME is using.
I tried KNIME 4.0.1 and Open Java 11 also.
But this does not solve the problem.

Any ideas, solution

Thanks
Paedar

KNIME Analytics Platform strictly requires Java 8. It will not work with Java 9 and above at the moment hence you cannot use Libraries that have been compiled with Java 11. If there is no Java 8-compatible version of the JDBC driver, you have to use the old one for the time being.

1 Like

Thanks, that is the answer I expected!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.