hello world node

Hi there,

I would like to develop my own nodes in the future but I don’t even know how to create a simple “hello world” node. Is there any documentation how to do this?
I’ve installed the SDK and I can start Eclipse from it - wow… but how to continue? Do I need the usual Knime installation as well? What about this node creation wizzard - where can I find it???
I’m a bit lost - sorry…

You do not need a different KNIME installation, unless you want to use it as a target platform (might be a good idea). Try: File/New/Other…/Create a new KNIME Node-Extension. For further readings:

Good luck, gabor

Okay, maybe I am too stupid…

I have one machine with Knime installed (WinXP).

Try: File/New/Other…/Create a new KNIME Node-Extension. <

This does not work, I don’t have an option to create a new knime node extension…

I have another machine with the SDK installed (WinXP). Here, I cannot find Knime - only Eclipse. That’s why I was asking if I need to install Knime too…

Sorry, if I misunderstand something completely…

Antje

You need the SDK, which is practically an eclipse with some plugins. The mentioned option is available in that application.
So start the SDK (with eclipse.exe), then try to create a new KNIME node extension, or open the help topics. Hope this helps.

Merci!
now I understand!
I’ll start playing around a hope to avoid these stupid questions in the future…