Help on Setting up KNIME Server Small for AWS

Hi,
I am using KNIME Platform on Apple Mac M1. Recently, I acquired the free trial of KNIME Server Small for AWS. I wanted to explore how can I deploy Workflows, Web portals on the server, but I am unable to make the connections. I was looking through the documentation of the server installation from the Admin and User side - But, I couldn’t make head to tail.

Can someone help me with on how can I use my AWS instances and Knime Analytics platform to connect and put my “Components” on the browser?

Hi @Jyotendra,

Thanks for contacting us!

Please, check KNIME Server User Guide.

Also, you have to use the public IP address of the AWS instance (this should be mentioned in the management console of it).

Best,
Dzhanhir

Hi @dzhanhir,

Do I need to use Public ID for “Hostname”? If I am using the same, the Authentication type is still greyed out, as shown in the screenshot below.

Hello,

Please try http://43.205.243.6:8080/knime and let us know if that picks up. As soon as you click off of the ‘server address’ field, it should automatically reach out to that server via REST and pick up the Mount ID.

Thank you,
Nickolaus

It throws error that “No REST endpoint found”. Do i need to do something at server side?

Error Screenshot

Hello,

Can you go to that URL (http://43.205.243.6:8080/knime) in a browser? Does it pull up the web portal login screen?

Regards,
Nickolaus

No Nick - It doesn’t.

Hello,

As you are a server customer, I recommend writing in to support@knime.com so we can start a direct dialogue and potentially hold a call to troubleshoot the issue live.

Regards,
Nickolaus

1 Like

@dzhanhir - Can we connect on this?

I could connect to the KNIME server on the browser, but I am still unable to mount the server.

Edit: I deleted the picture as it contained the Server URL. Greetings, Michael

This issue was solved via our KNIME Server Support.
The problem was caused by using a wrong URL, now the connection between KNIME Server and KNIME Analytics Platform is working.

Best,
Michael

1 Like

Thanks @MichaelRespondek - :8080 was not working and hence only :80 was used.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.