Help: Reading a table node in Sharepoint

Hi everyone,

I’ve managed to get the new Sharepoint Connector nodes to work as per the following example: https://hub.knime.com/knime/spaces/Examples/latest/01_Data_Access/06_ZIP_and_Remote_Files/07_Microsoft_Sharepoint_Data_Access but I’m struggline to connect to a KNIME table in Sharepoint.

Usually I’d use the Table Reader node but this doesn’t seem to work with sharepoint.

Does anyone have any tips?

FYI the reason I’m using a KNIME table as opposed to a .csv file is because the KNIME table massively reduces the file size, is faster loading, retains the data types, etc.

Thanks in advance,
Dom

1 Like

Hi @dpowyslybbe,

with Table Reader node you can only read file that was created with Table Writer node. Do you have such a file on your SharePoint?

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

Hi Ivan,
Yes I do have a ‘.TABLE’ file on Sharepoint. In this instance it was manually placed there but the benefits of KNIME Tables are such that it’s my preferred method to use over .csv files for instance, so it would be great if I could read/write to them on Sharepoint. Is this possible?
Thanks, Dom

2 Likes

Not yet, but we plan to add this functionality in one of the next releases.

Best
Mark

4 Likes

Thanks for the response Mark. Obviously it would have been great if it was available now but I’m glad it’s coming soon and I’m eagerly awaiting the new functionality!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello @dpowyslybbe,

adding info that with KNIME version 4.4.0 Table Reader node was rewritten to support new file handling framework and thus accepts SharePoint connection.

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes