Hive Connector Issues

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to properly connect to Hive through KNIME? I have tried to connect to HIVE, but constantly have the same issue. For example, the current issue I am seeing is this: [Execute failed: Bad URL format. Hostname not found in authority part of the url: jdbc:hive2:. Are you missing a ‘/’ after the hostname ?]. I am using the same URL format in dBeaver and it works out well. Any suggestions? I am using version 1.2.0 for bigred apache_hive2.

Hi @etorres182
and welcome to the KNIME community.

Could you please click on the bigred3 database configuration as shown in your screenshot, click edit and change the DB Type from default to Hive? This will ensure that a proper URL template is used.
Please retry to execute the Hive connector node afterwards.
We provide a Hive setup guide containing additional details here: KNIME Big Data Extensions User Guide
Best,
Michael

3 Likes

Thank you, @MichaelRespondek. This was helpful. I had other issues come up, but was able to get them fixed with this post (Database Looping no longer working - #6 by takbb).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.