How can I use the or function with Rule Engine node?

Hi everyone,
There are different values ​​in each row of the 3 columns in the table you see. I want to open a 4th column and bring these values ​​one under the other. I was able to do the first one using “Not” but it gets errors on other data. When I wanted to use “or”, I couldn’t succeed. NOT ($Tckn$ = “?”)=> $Tckn$ data comes with this code but NOT ($Tckn$ = “?”)=> $Tckn$ OR NOR NOT ($Vkn$ = “?”)=> $ $Vkn$ OR OT ($ID No$ = “?”)=> I can’t get $ID No$ results, how can I do it?

Hi and welcome to the KNIME Forum,
You cannot check for a missing value with = "?" because “?” is a valid string. There is a semantic difference between the literal string “?” and a missing value, which we just render as a question mark (but in red and with the circle around it so it is not confused with a literal “?”). For your problem, this means that you have to use the MISSING operator of the rule engine node. If you want to fill a new column with the first non-missing value from other columns, you can also use the Column Aggregator node with the “First” aggregation function. You just have to uncheck the checkbox for missing values.
Kind regards,
Alexander

1 Like