How do I adjust the limit on ZipSecureFile.setMinInflateRatio()

I'm new to Knime but really enjoying learning it. 

I'm using the Excel Sheet Appender to add a sheet to an existing workbook. Fine with a blank workbook, but with the rather large existing workbook, I get this error:

Execute failed: Zip bomb detected! The file would exceed the max. ratio of compressed file size to the size of the expanded data. This may indicate that the file is used to inflate memory usage and thus could pose a security risk. You can adjust this limit via ZipSecureFile.setMinInflateRatio() if you need to work with files which exceed this limit. Counter: 602112, cis.counter: 6011, ratio: 0.0099831924957483Limits: MIN_INFLATE_RATIO: 0.01

I know I need to set the limit as follows : ZipSecureFile.setMinInflateRatio(0); but where do I do that? I've tried a Java Snippet before the Appender to make the adjustment, but no luck, and various other possibilitites and I've run out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hi hselfie,

May I ask how big is the dataset that you are trying to add as new sheet?

Best,

Vincenzo

Is there an answer to this question please? I have seen something similar with our organisation and need to understand the solution.

Hi everyone, the same is happening to me. I managed to “solve” the issue by exporting the XLS Sheet into another Excel File and save it.

In my case the size of the file is 539 KB, but I guess that the problem comes from the file and not from the Knime’s file size handling (in my case). But still I consider that this issue must be solved for other people.

Best Regards

Mau