How do I use flow variable in External SSH tool as remote command

Hi,

I would like to pass follow variables to External SSH tool node for dynamic remote! command. Is it possible?
external_ssh

0 Likes

Hi there!

Welcome to KNIME Community Forum!

Sure it is possible. You have to do it in a Flow Variables tab. Info: sometimes to be able to chose a flow variable on this tab you will have to add a dummy value for it first.

ExtTool

Additionally here is a tutorial on flow variables and their usage:
https://www.knime.com/knime-introductory-course/chapter7/section1/creation-and-usage-of-flow-variables

Br,
Ivan

0 Likes

Thanks Ivan. I guess I need to restate my question. Sorry the masked fields in my screen shot is a bit misleading.

My question is about using variable in the remote command. I have a string flow variable and I’d like to pass it to External SSH Tool node and use it as an argument of the remote command. Is there any example?

0 Likes

The flow variable screen he pointed you towards has a ‘remote command’ flow variable.

1 Like

Hi,

I get it now. You can’t. But what you can do is to write a whole command in String Manipulation node (Variable) with your existing flow variable as argument :wink:

Here is example:

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Thanks for the hint Ivan.

1 Like

closed #7

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes