How to add org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-starter-parent (2.5.2) plug-in ?

I tried to add org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-starter-parent (2.5.2) by maven at KNIME-AP-complete.target, but I got the following error.

Missing org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-starter-parent:jar:2.5.2

It seems that pom should be choosen for “Type” in the dialog, but I cannot choose that.

Thank you.

edit-maven-dependency

Hi @koheitomita,

You can not add maven dependencies to the target platform directly.
If you want to use external jars, you could download them into your repository, and add them to the runtime of your plugin.

Independently of that, why do you want to use the spring boot starter parent in an KNIME extension?
I don’t see how these fit well together, but maybe I don’t understand your requirements.

best,
Gabriel

2 Likes

Hi @gab1one

Thank you for your reply.

You can not add maven dependencies to the target platform directly.

This infomation is useful because I tried many times…

Independently of that, why do you want to use the spring boot starter parent in an KNIME extension?

I am a beginner of Java and KNIME. I thought that due to the failure of adding the spring boot starter parent, the other error has occurred. And the error is related to org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.

Thank you for your help!!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.