How To Create A Line Plot (Plotly) With Two Interactive Value Filter Widgets

Hi,
I am trying to build a component visualization using “Line plot (Plotly)” and two “Interactive Value Filter Widgets”

I’d like users to be able to select different countries and metrics (cases/deaths) from inside the component view, but I am struggling with getting it setup.

Workflow attachedCOVID Interactive Visualization Assistance.knwf (15.0 KB)

Thank you so much!

Hi,
I would like to have a look, but the data file you are reading at the beginning is missing, so I cannot execute the workflow. Could you share this as well?
Kind regards,
Alexander

See attached - thanks

Data for COVID Assistance.xlsx (333.6 KB)

Hi,
this does not seem to be the same data you had in your other workflow. The nodes in the component are configured with far more columns than in the Excel file you attached. Could you share that table file “COVID Data For Visualization.table”?
Kind regards
Alexander

I think the issue was missing column headers? The only column that might be missing is "iteration"Data for COVID Assistance v2.xlsx (374.9 KB)

Hi,
you are right. Thanks for the full data. For me this works fine. What exactly is not working for you?
Kind regards
Alexander

Is it possible to manipulate the table post-interactive nodes so that the plotly output looks like this (with unique labeled values):

Instead of this:

Hi,
this is unfortunately not possible because you will need a Pivoting node in between the selection and the plot. In the Pivoting node, you need to set Date as Group Column and Country, Type as Pivot Columns and Aggregation First() for Value. If you split your component into two: One for selecting the countries and types and one for the line plot, this works.
Kind regards
Alexander

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.