How To Generate BIRT Report in PDF Automatically

Hello KNIMErs,

Hope all is well and all had a happy new year!!!

I would like to start using BIRT for some reporting. I have a rudimentary understanding of it and have produced some decent reports, some with charts etc. All good. My question is this…

How can I set up workflow such that when I execute workflow, it automatically creates a PDF of the BIRT report associated with that workflow and deposits it in a pre-defined location? I would expect that such a process would be similar to excel writer or some other nodes. But unless I’m missing something, I don’t see any nodes with the functionality to save down BIRT reports. Instead, I need to run workflow, then open the report by clicking report button, then click “view report” button, then choose “view report in PDF”, then print to PDF. I would suspect there’s a more automated way, but as yet I’ve been unable to find it.

Any and all direction or assistance greatly appreciated!!!

Chris

1 Like

Hi @chrisgranelli

That is a feature of knime server. You can schedule the workflow and have the generated report saved in your file system or sent it via email.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.