How to get the jar package

HI!
I want to build knime in the eclipse, but after importing knime’s framework, there are many problems, one of them is the problem of parent tag line in pom.xml file. So if i ignore the pom.xml files,how can i get the jar files,there is no dependency information in the pom file of all the Maven project,and I was not able to find this part of the jar package in the Github.Thanks for the help!!

Hi @Carl,
have you followed the guide at KNIME® Analytics Platform - SDK Setup? Have you set up the target platform? Maybe try updating it, as sometimes it does not work properly and is fixed after a while. Which Java version do you have? If you could share the text of the error messages or a screenshot that would make it much easier for us to help.
Kind regards
Alexander

1 Like

Sorry for the lang time,yes,i followed the guide and set up the target platform.My Java version is 1.8,i’ll share the error screenshot.Thank you very much.

Hi,
You seem to have a lot of corrupted jar files on the target platform. Please try updating it. If that does not help, try to use the smaller target platform and then switch back to the one with all extensions.
Kind regards
Alexander

Hi,Alexander
I just dont’n know how to update the corrupted jar files,i down the rar files from the Github,and import them,they are already in this state.The cause of the problem may be it’s the Maven project,because they can’t find the parent project.

Hi,
Have you tried downloading the target platform again? Maybe you downloaded one that was corrupted either during build or during the download. You can also try to use the target platform for the latest release.
Kind regards
Alexander

Yes,i tried downloading the files again,but it has the same errors.Does the version named “nightly build” the latest release?I also find that all the pom.xml files in the Maven projects doesn’t have dependency tag,is it in the parent maven projects that i don’t have?
Thanks.

Hi,
you have to switch to branch 2019-12 for the target platform of the latest release. Can you try that? Which projects of KNIME do you have in your Eclipse workspace?
Kind regards
Alexander

Hi,

The name of the compressed file I downloaded from Github has the “master” character segment, so I thought the version branch of the project was “master”, and I downloaded all the projects.

Hi,
you save yourself a lot of work if you just use git and follow the instructions in the readme step-by-step. This allows you to easily switch between branches, e.g. master and the latest release.
Kind regards
Alexander

1 Like

Hi,
Because I want to build the Knime software locally, if I only use git to import the set-up project, and not import other projects, I can open Knime.

Hi,
the other projects are included in the target platform, you don’t need to download them manually.
Kind regards
Alexander

1 Like

Hi,
What if I want to translate the language into another language, or modify some places? Is it downloading these items?

Hi,
in that case I would suggest you get KNIME running using the SDK instructions and then import the projects manually one-by-one once everything is working. The target platform also includes source code, but you cannot modify it there. If a plugin is available both in your Eclipse workspace and the target platform, the one from your workspace is preferred when running KNIME.
Kind regards
Alexander

Hi,
Another question is that some maven projects named like “kinme-base”,“knime-core” are themselves parent maven projects,and they also have parent named “ap.parent"and"parent-pom”,but two of these maven projects can’t download,their absence caused lots of problems.批注 2020-02-04 160255 批注 2020-02-04 160323 批注 2020-02-04 160351

Hi @Carl,

the maven project definitions are for the new build system which is currently in development. They will not work for you at this time as they reference an internal parent-pom. You do not need to import these projects unless you want to modify their code, instead you should depend on the targetplatform, which will provide these artifacts for you.

best,
Gabriel

1 Like

Hi,
So does this mean that I can’t modify it with the current project to achieve the purpose of translation into Chinese or other languages?

Please use the search functionality that the forums provide.

2 Likes