How to implement Hilite within KNIME’s node JavaScript Editor

Dear Knimers

I’m starting to investigate the use of KNIME’s node JavaScript Editor. I would be grateful if somebody could point me to (or share) an example explaining how to implement the hiliting in such node. What I would like to obtain eventually is a node that shows the hilited selection of previous nodes and the other way round, allows to do hiliting and backpropagate it to previous nodes. Many thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards

Ael

Dear all

Maybe my question was not clear enough. I will hence reformulate and simplify it :

1. Is it possible to handle hiliting in the JavaScript Editor or in the JavaScript general Viewer nodes ?

2. If so, could you provide me with JavaScript code examples or point me to already existing workflows illustrating this case ?

Hope this time is clearer and motivates your answers :wink:

Thanks a lot & best regards,

Ael

Hi Ael,

in general the JavaScript views currently do not support hiliting the same as the old (local) views do. In terms of interactivity it is only possible to create selection and filter events on a shared page (when views are shown together as the view of a component).
Thus it is not possible to back propagate hiliting to different views. If you want to make use of the selection and filtering interactivity and you want to use the Generic JavaScript View node for that I could give you some more pointers, but it sounds like that wasn’t your use case.

Best regards,
Christian

1 Like

Hi Christian,

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

I’m definitely interested in learning how this is possible too and would be grateful if you could provide me with pointers on how to do it.

Thanks & best regards

Ael

Hi Christian,

Hope you are doing well. I would appreciate it if you could post in this thread the pointers you mentioned that explain how to make use of the selection and filtering interactivity in the Generic JavaScript View node.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards

Ael

Hi Ael,

you can use https://www.knime.com/blog/from-a-for-analytics-to-z-for-zika-virus and How to Publish/Subscribe Events using Custom Javascript Views as a starting point. The topic is a bit more complex so let me know if you have any further questions after that.

Best regards,
Christian

2 Likes

Hi Christian,

Thanks a lot for the two pointers. Nice examples ! I have now plenty of documentation to read through and learn ! I’ll let you know by posting on the forum of any results I may get from apply this nice API.

Thanks again & best regards

Ael

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.