How to import a SMARTS string from a node generating SMARTS to the RDKit R Group Decomposition node?

Dear Knime experts,

I am a Knime newbie and I would like to know how to import a SMARTS string from a node capable of generating SMARTS to the RDKit R Group Decomposition node.

I have a prinicipal worflow starting with a SD file followed by the RDKit R Group Decomposition node, then the workflow continues.

I have a second workflow in the same worflow panel generating the SMARTS string.

In the RDKit R Group Decomposition node configuration panel there is a field called "Core SMARTS" and I would like this field to be automatically filled by the another node generating the SMARTS string information.

Any idea?

Many thanks in advance.

Julien

Hi Julien,

You can do this by converting the cell containing the SMARTS to a flow variable and then using this to set the "Core SMARTS" value.

-greg

Thank you Greg for your help.

Problem solved!

I connected the node generating the SMARTS string to the 'Table Column to Variable' node. In this node, I selected the column containing the single row with the SMARTS string.

Then, I connected the variable to the 'RDKit R Group Decomposition' variable port. Finally, in the RDKit R Group Decomposition node, under Flow Variables, I selected "Row0" for smarts_value.

Julien