How to retrive KNIME server URL to be used in workflow

Hello,

in order to create a workflow which create REST Api links and will run on different servers, I would like to extract the current server URL, I am running the workflow on.

I tried the Extract Sytem/Context properties node on the server, but I could not find the URL there. Did I miss something like a server setting to be shown here or are there other options?

Thank you!
Lars

KNIME Server doesn’t necessarily know its URL (it could be running behind a Webserver). Assuming a more simple setup, then you should be able to use your existing strategy just so long as the HOSTNAME environment variable is correctly set.

Best,

Jon

1 Like

Hey Jon,

could you please point me to the place/file where the HOSTNAME variable is set? I checked some setting files and couldn’t find the empty Hostename string.

What would be the workaround?

Thank you!
Lars

P.S. Our KNIME Server runs behind NGINX

PPS. We found a Workaround using a Java snippet:

1 Like

Hi Lars,

As far as I know, there is no node that can provide that information. But I just tried your workaround and it works great, thanks for that! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Roland

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.