How to set preferences on Knime Server for ExasolDriver database driver.

Hi,

Under the Knime file/preferences/Knime/Database(Labs) options i have added ExasolDriver which is not included on default. It is working on my Laptop without any issue.

But on server i dont know how to set preferences that’s why it throws an error:
Error: Loading model settings failed: Could not find the [com.exasol.jdbc.EXADriver] database driver.

Of course this is an expected Error. I have try to find out on server side which preferences i have to change. There are pref or prefs files but i dont know what to change or add. So i cant find a solution.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards
Yasin

Hi Yasin,

You also need to add the path to that driver in the server’s preferences.epf. See here for documentation: https://docs.knime.com/2019-06/server_admin_guide/index.html#preferences-file

To sum up, go to /workflow_repository/config/. Open preferences.epf.template, and add path to .jar in appropriate line. Then save as preferences.epf in exact same location.

Restart KNIME Server afterwards and try again.

That should do the trick! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Roland

2 Likes

Hi Roland,

We have added that part before i posted here. The normal Database Connection without Labs is working.

/instance/org.knime.workbench.core/database_drivers= .

But for the labs i have to add extra lines and of course the path within the those lines. But its not obvious what to add. To get these infos i have exported for Database (Labs) options by clicking file/export preferences.

/instance/org.knime.database/drivers/com.exasol.jdbc.EXADriver/database_type=default
/instance/org.knime.database/drivers/com.exasol.jdbc.EXADriver/driver_class=com.exasol.jdbc.EXADriver
/instance/org.knime.database/drivers/com.exasol.jdbc.EXADriver/paths/0= < path to exasol driver>
/instance/org.knime.database/drivers/com.exasol.jdbc.EXADriver/url_template=/instance/org.knime.database/drivers/exasol/url_template=://:/<database_name>
/instance/org.knime.database/drivers/com.exasol.jdbc.EXADriver/version=6.0.0

After i have added above lines to the server and restarting the server, it has worked without any error. :grinning:

Thank you again

Regards
Yasin

1 Like

Hi Yasin,

Great to hear that you solved the issue. One more KNIME Server feature that you might find useful if you have several users of the Analytics Platform who are all using the Exasol DB driver. In that case you can use the “Customizations” feature to send the driver file and configuration to clients. See the documentation here: https://docs.knime.com/latest/server_admin_guide/index.html#management-client-preferences

Best,

Jon

3 Likes

Hi Yasin,

You’re right - the path in the template only works for the old DB integration. Since we have now moved the new framework to production-ready, we should add those lines to the template as well.

Thanks for pointing this out! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Roland

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.