How to view entire content of a row in component/table view widget

Hi,

I have two columns of interest for this question in my data set of number identifiers (“ID”). Each ID can be used in multiple studies. One column contains the title (filtered by the value filter definition), and another contains a body of text for that title (selected in table view).
Question 1) I am using the following component workflow in order to filter the titles that I want to keep in my dataset based on what the text says. However once I select “execute and open views” I cannot see the entire content of the text body in the new window. Is there any way to edit that and be able to view all the characters in that text body per row? (it keeps the first few sentences and then cuts off).

Question 2) Under the value filter definition node I can select configure–>type–>check boxes(vertical). Once I run the interactive view, how can deselect all titles at once, and then manually select the ones I want after I read the text body content?

Hi @gadjaoute,

What version of KNIME are you using?

I have create an example workflow View Contents.knwf (17.4 KB) using v4.2.2

To your points: I am not seeing the text being cut off or wrapped. Could you send a screenshot?

You can unselect all the columns by default if you exclude them. They will still appear for selection on the prompt.

Regards,
Wali

2 Likes

Hi,

Thank you! I am using KNIME 4.2.0. So I found out why my text wasn’t fully loading it had nothing to do with the knime workflow, my file was simply missing data. However when I unselect all, and then select for example A, B and C, the text body specific to A, B and C does not appear in the panel below so that I can read them. Is that also happening for you?

Thanks again

Hi @gadjaoute,

I would recommend updating to the latest version of KNIME. I haven’t had a chance to test on 4.2.0, but usually don’t recommend using .0 releases.

I’m on 4.2.2 and it seems to be working fine. ezgif.com-gif-maker

Regards,
Wali

4 Likes

I updated to 4.2.2 but mine works only when I do select all in the configuration of the node. The issue is that for my purpose I need to use a component over a widget, do you think that might be why it is not working on my end?

I’m not following. In the above example there is both a component and a widget. If you are referring to configurations, then yes those would work differently. If you are referring to using the legacy quickforms then I would swap it out for equivalent widget.

Regards,
Wali

I am sorry I meant the configuration green node that is the equivalent to your blue widget. how does the configuration work differently?

The Value Filter Definition Node in your original workflow is a Quickform. It is recommended you use configuration or widgets instead.

Configuration allow you to configure the components. Widgets will let you surface your parameters in the interactive view’s composite.

1 Like

Could you send me the example of the value filter definition component? Where can I find the component version over the quickform?

Hey @gadjaoute,

You can find all of the nodes (quickforms and configurations) in the node explorer under “Workflow Abstraction”

You can find the components I built in my original comment.

Regards,
Wali Khan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.